Saturday, February 21st, 2015
12 Noon – 4 PM
Fee: $20 per family, $5 per person
Korean United Methodist Church of Greater Washington
1219 Swinks Mill Rd, McLean, VA 22102
Celebrate Korea’s Heroes Sejong the Great and Yi Sun Shin at the 2015 Korean Focus – KUMCGW Lunar New Year Celebration! Join old friends and new for a family-focused afternoon of Korean culture and fun.
There’s much more, too!
- Enjoy performances of traditional Korean dance during the festive opening ceremony
- Learn to cook your favorite Korean dishes
- Shop for beautiful Korean handicrafts, art, jewelry, toys and more at the Ginkgo Leaf Arts Korean crafts sale
- Learn about King Sejong and the hangul alphabet in brush painting workshops
- Make a model of Yi Sun Shin’s kobukson, the legendary turtle ship, to take home
- Ride the Hallyu wave at a Seoul noraebang
- Learn a traditional Korean dance
- Try your luck at the annual New Year raffle
Volunteers are welcome, especially teens: this is a great opportunity to obtain community service hours. We welcome the help of adoptees, adoptive parents and members of the Korean American community. Contact us if you’d like to help.