Welcome the Year of the Horse
Korean Focus – KUMCGW
2014 Lunar New Year Celebration!
Saturday, February 8th, 2014
12 – 1 pm – Registration 1 – 4 pm – Program
Korean United Methodist Church of Greater Washington
1219 Swinks Mill Rd, McLean, VA 22102
$20/family or $5/person
Adult and teen volunteers welcome!
Come and welcome 2014, the Year of the Horse, at Korean Focus’s largest annual event, made possible each year through the help and generosity of the Korean United Methodist Church of Greater Washington.
* Enjoy performances of Korean music and dance by the Korean Traditional Dance Team under the direction of Mrs. Hee Kyung Lee. The team will perform the Mask, Drum and Fan dances during the opening ceremony, and will teach a workshop during the activity sessions.
* Taste your favorite Korean foods, brought to you by Chef Jae Ok Chang, author of the Korean cookbook series Vignette of Korean Cooking. Chef Chang will provide the days refreshments, and will also give Korean cooking demonstrations throughout the day.
* Learn a taekwondo form and basic moves with the help of Hee Eun Mun and assistants
* Play traditional Korean games, like yut and tuho
* Learn the basics of taekwondo
* Shop for beautiful Korean handicrafts, art, jewelry, toys and more at the Ginkgo Leaf Arts Korean craft sale
* Try your luck at the annual New Year raffle
* Make a craft to take home to remember the fun
Volunteers welcome, especially teens: this is a great opportunity to obtain community service hours. We welcome the help of adoptees, adoptive parents and members of the Korean American community. Contact us if you’d like to help.